Thursday, November 8, 2007

A New Subtitle

Don't you like my new oxymoronic subtitle? If you want an explanation, read this previous post. I made the "g-o-d" all caps so you know it's the true god that my ignostic self can't conceive, and my atheist self doesn't believe in. Ho ho! No, I haven't been "Flewed" yet.

On a side note, I just watched the Q&A section of Sam Harris' talk at the AAI convention. I don't know what all the other atheists are so worked up about. His answers were perfectly reasonable.

4 comments:

Linda said...

TAG!

Thank you so much for this post. I didn't even know who Sam Harris was until now. He is saying almost exactly what I've been trying to say but couldn't because of my inability to articulate my thoughts. I will continue listening to what he has to say in the future...

p.s. - I'll be in your city next week! I may walk by you without even knowing. ;-)

that atheist guy said...

Thanks for the comment. I've been very busy lately, so I haven't even had much time to lurk, let alone post.

Will you be in town on Nov. 29th? You should come to the NYC Atheists meeting because AJ Jacobs will be speaking there.

The info is here:
http://nyc-atheists.org/

(You have to scroll down a bit.)

Linda said...

Tag,

Okay, who is AJ Jacobs? It sounds great, but I will only be there 11/30 - 12/2.

Guess what? I wrote a long email to Sam Harris. I would love to get a chance to pick his brain. :) If you email me (justventing@msn.com), I'll send you a copy of the email...

Linda said...

Oh, okay! I remember his book from Hemant's post. I'm sorry I'll miss it... :-(